On March 18, 19 and 20, 2022, it's the great return of the botanical meetings "When the plants are packing" at La Médicée in Marigny-Saint-Marcel. Conferences, screenings, exchanges, dedications… let's go for three days of travels to meet exceptional scientists and adventurers. An unmissable event in Rumilly-Albanais!
“And if the ticking of the plants got carried away? » Evolution, plants and climate, here is the leitmotif of this 5th edition at the Jardin du Château de Saint-Marcel. The events are open to everyone, by reservation.
Top start Friday at 18 p.m.! Gilles Clément, gardener and artist of the living, botanist and traveler, honors us with his presence and opens a first exchange from 20 p.m., followed at 21 p.m. conférence by François Macquart-Moulin, botanist and plant researcher: "An approach to the vegetation and flora of central Mediterranean Chile, or the expression of the naturalist quest carried by the Gardens of Rayol".
Saturday, coffee & bookstore reception from 8:30 am. Then the international conferences follow each other throughout the day:
- “Journey through geological time to decipher major biological crises”
- “Climate: the language of the glaciers speaks to us”
- "The Evolution of Flowering Plants"
- “Floral history of the Anthropocene – when high mountain plants testify”
- “The tragic story of plants extinct since 1750: what does the Geneva Herbarium tell us?
- “Darwin on the Beagle, the premises of transformism”
To end with a cinema-debate and the screening of the film “The Secret Labyrinth of Namoroka”.
Sunday, reception coffee-bookstore-exchanges and dedications from 8:30 am. Commented exhibition of the world plant collection by Laurent Portuguez, landscape gardener, then walk in theexposure “The Grand Bazaar of Evolution”.
At 10 am, presentation and discussion around the film Botaniste sur l'île de Robinson Crusoé and the botanical expeditions carried out in the Juan Fernández Archipelago in Chile.
On the exhibition side
Two exhibitions await you during this weekend dedicated to nature:
- “The Grand Bazaar of Evolution” at the Geneva Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. Presentation of two poles. The exhibition tells the long story of life on Earth, its milestones, from the appearance in the water of the first living beings 3,5 billion years ago to the current challenges of biodiversity loss.
- Flos Sabaudiae Nurseries : Thibaut and Lydia Casagranda – Exhibition of perennial plants from the mountains of the world (shade plants and rockery plants)
Around the conferences
Throughout the event, speakers and organizers are available to exchange with you, sign their books… during breaks, coffees and aperitifs that punctuate the conferences. A bookstore on site offers their works.
Some meal are organized on site, by reservation only. Don't miss the “Journeys in zig-zag” or “Grilled pig on Robinson's Island” lunch, or even the “Passage de la ligne” dinner.
Participate as you wish in one or all of the activities. At your disposal: half-day, 1-day, 2- or 3-day pass. Access to parties and/or meals. Amédée and Agnès Nicolas will be happy to welcome you to the Château de Saint-Marcel.
Amateurs and professionals, let's meet around the same passion, botany!